simultaneous sessions from old client

Michael Fox

I’ve got some very old clients that takes a message to multiple recipients at the same destination domain and separates the TO recipients and the CC recipients into two messages and then sends them separately.  Until recently, the message to the TO address would go out in one queue run and the message to the CC addresses would go out in the next queue run.  Recently a patch was made to allow the client to open multiple sessions to the destination MX so that both messages could go out at nearly the same time.

While keeping one message as one message would be ideal, the client would need a substantial overhaul, which is just not realistic.  So, although the workaround is not an ideal solution, it seems to work.

Question:

I haven’t seen anything in Postfix documentation that would indicate that this is would be a problem.  But is there anything I should be worried about?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: simultaneous sessions from old client

Wietse Venema
Michael Fox:
> I've got some very old clients that takes a message to multiple recipients
> at the same destination domain and separates the TO recipients and the CC
> recipients into two messages and then sends them separately.  Until

Speaking of brain damage....

[the software was 'improved' to send the above in parallel sessions]

> I haven't seen anything in Postfix documentation that would indicate that
> this is would be a problem.  But is there anything I should be worried
> about?

The same client can send the same message a thousand times if it
wants to, though perhaps not all at the same time.

RE: simultaneous sessions from old client

Michael Fox
> The same client can send the same message a thousand times if it
> wants to, though perhaps not all at the same time.

OK Thanks.