single postmaster account for multiple virtual mailbox domains

single postmaster account for multiple virtual mailbox domains

Juan Miscaro-2
Hi everyone,

I would like to confirm a proposed solution to the following problem:

Multiple virtual mailbox domains will have all mail destined to their
respective postmaster (and abuse) accounts sent to a single
other-domain address.  So

[hidden email] -> [hidden email]
[hidden email] -> [hidden email]
[hidden email] -> [hidden email]

My idea is to use virtual_alias_maps (I'm using an SQL backend):

postmaster          [hidden email]

Is this OK?

/juan

Re: single postmaster account for multiple virtual mailbox domains

Sahil Tandon
Juan Miscaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to confirm a proposed solution to the following problem:
>
> Multiple virtual mailbox domains will have all mail destined to their
> respective postmaster (and abuse) accounts sent to a single
> other-domain address.  So
>
> [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
> [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
> [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>
> My idea is to use virtual_alias_maps (I'm using an SQL backend):
>
> postmaster          [hidden email]

I do no think that will work.  See "TABLE SEARCH ORDER" in virtual(5).
Also see an example specific to virtual mailbox domains in the
VIRTUAL_README.  You will need:

# /path/to/virtual
[hidden email] [hidden email]
[hidden email] [hidden email]