slightly OT how to change PAM_SERVICE name to sasl

slightly OT how to change PAM_SERVICE name to sasl

Ramprasad-5
When postfix connects to saslauthd the pam_service name is smtp.

Can I change this pam_service name being sent to saslauth.  I know this
is a weird requirement , is it possible

Thanks
Ram

Re: slightly OT how to change PAM_SERVICE name to sasl

Patrick Ben Koetter
* ram <[hidden email]>:
> When postfix connects to saslauthd the pam_service name is smtp.
>
> Can I change this pam_service name being sent to saslauth.  I know this
> is a weird requirement , is it possible

You need to change the Postfix source code to change the service name sent to
libsasl (and then to saslauthd).

The service name for SMTP services is 'smtp' as defined by RFC. That said, you
really should know what you are doing, if you change it.

Maybe there's another way to fix your problem. What is your problem?

p@rick

--
The Book of Postfix
<http://www.postfix-book.com>