slow down deferred destination

Birta Levente
Hi all

How can I slow down deliveries to specified domain after temporary deferred?

I have a list for marketing purposes and 2/3 part of subscribed users is
on yahoo.

To yahoo, deliveries go through slow transport:

slow_destination_recipient_limit=10
slow_destination_concurrency_limit=1
slow_destination_rate_delay=4s
slow_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit=100

When a mail fire to the list yahoo accepts first 100-200 mails, then
defer, because the unusual traffic.
Somehow need to slow down deliveries to this domain and after some time
(say 30 minutes) try again.
I tried to play with queue_run_delay, minimal/maximal_backoff_time, but
as far as I can see is not applicable to specified transport, just globally.

So, apart from globally set of queue_run_delay,
minimal/maximal_backoff_time and another postfix instance is there
another solution?

Thanks
Levi

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: slow down deferred destination

James Griffin
* Birta Levente <[hidden email]> [2013-01-29 10:18:15 +0200]:

> Hi all
>
> How can I slow down deliveries to specified domain after temporary deferred?
>
> I have a list for marketing purposes and 2/3 part of subscribed
> users is on yahoo.

This was discussed recently on the list, perhaps have a look at some of the responses given to the person whom asked about this before.

Re: slow down deferred destination

Titanus Eramius

It's this one
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Balancing-destination-concurrency-rate-delay-td54147.html

On 29/01/2013 10:49, Titanus Eramius wrote:

> Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:30:05 +0000 skrev James Griffin
> <[hidden email]>:
>
>> * Birta Levente <[hidden email]> [2013-01-29 10:18:15 +0200]:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> How can I slow down deliveries to specified domain after temporary
>>> deferred?
>>>
>>> I have a list for marketing purposes and 2/3 part of subscribed
>>> users is on yahoo.
>>
>> This was discussed recently on the list, perhaps have a look at some
>> of the responses given to the person whom asked about this before.
>
> It's this one
> http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Balancing-destination-concurrency-rate-delay-td54147.html

Yes, read it at that time, but my question is somehow different.

And over months I have solution too, but I look for a more elegant solution.
With properly set of queue_run_delay, minimal/maximal_backoff_time it's
work well, but affect other domains.
I think multiple instances resolve the problem, but ... I'm a little bit
lazy with this :)