smtp-auth to remote host

Miguel Miranda
Hi, i want to enble smtp-auth for my customers, i have 1 server for
pop/storage and 1 server for smtp, so the user account database is
stored in the pop server, in smtp server there is not any acocount
detail, now i want to enable smtp-auth, how (if posible) can the smtp
server authenticate vs a remote server, i mena no local user database?

Re: smtp-auth to remote host

Victor Duchovni
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 02:32:33PM -0600, Miguel wrote:

> Hi, i want to enble smtp-auth for my customers, i have 1 server for
> pop/storage and 1 server for smtp, so the user account database is
> stored in the pop server, in smtp server there is not any acocount
> detail, now i want to enable smtp-auth, how (if posible) can the smtp
> server authenticate vs a remote server, i mena no local user database?

Google for "rimap". This is not the easiest SASL mechanism to get working,
but with some luck you should be able to get it working, provided your
"POP" server talks IMAP.

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.rmacd.com/downloads/howto/saslauthd-postfix-debian-etch-configuration.php