smtpd concureny for 1 IP only

kemas henry
hello all,

We have 2 mail server, qmail and postfix, we're in the midle process
of migrating user from qmail to postfix.
sometime the qmail server make concurency connection to postfix server
over 50 connection, I raise to 100 concurent smtpd connection in
main.cf.
Because this setting is global to all IP, how can I raise smtpd
concurent connection only for 1 specific IP?
or should I check for something else to overcome this problem?

regards,
kemas

Re: smtpd concureny for 1 IP only

mouss-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> hello all,
>

> We have 2 mail server, qmail and postfix, we're in the midle process
> of migrating user from qmail to postfix.
> sometime the qmail server make concurency connection to postfix server
> over 50 connection, I raise to 100 concurent smtpd connection in main.cf.
> Because this setting is global to all IP, how can I raise smtpd
> concurent connection only for 1 specific IP?
> or should I check for something else to overcome this problem?

why not use a special smtpd (specific IP or port) for this?

[hidden email] wrote:

> hello all,
>

> We have 2 mail server, qmail and postfix, we're in the midle process of
> migrating user from qmail to postfix.
> sometime the qmail server make concurency connection to postfix server
> over 50 connection, I raise to 100 concurent smtpd connection in main.cf.
> Because this setting is global to all IP, how can I raise smtpd
> concurent connection only for 1 specific IP?
> or should I check for something else to overcome this problem?
>
> regards,
> kemas

It's unclear what problem you are trying to solve and exactly
what you have tried doing so far...

Note that the various *_concurrency_* settings in postfix all
have to do with sending mail, not receiving.

Postfix smtpd doesn't have a concurrency limit other than
either default_process_limit or a process limit specified in
master.cf, or the anvil rate limiter (which is off by default).

If you need more than the default 100 smtpd processes, just
raise main.cf default_process_limit to a higher number
# main.cf
default_process_limit = 200
http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html#proc_limit

If you have enabled anvil rate limits and you're getting "...
limit exceeded" errors, add the qmail IP to
smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions setting
# main.cf
smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = ip.of.qmail.server
http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html#conn_limit

If you need more help, please provide more detail.

Noel Jones

Quoting Noel Jones <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> hello all,
>>

>> We have 2 mail server, qmail and postfix, we're in the midle
>> process of migrating user from qmail to postfix.
>> sometime the qmail server make concurency connection to postfix
>> server over 50 connection, I raise to 100 concurent smtpd
>> connection in main.cf.
>> Because this setting is global to all IP, how can I raise smtpd
>> concurent connection only for 1 specific IP?
>> or should I check for something else to overcome this problem?
>>
>> regards,
>> kemas
>>

> It's unclear what problem you are trying to solve and exactly what you
> have tried doing so far...
> http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

Jun  5 11:17:49 webmail postfix/smtpd[16768]: warning: Connection
concurrency li
mit exceeded: 51 from unknown[x.x.x.x] for service smtp
Jun  5 11:17:50 webmail postfix/smtpd[16768]: warning: Connection
concurrency li
mit exceeded: 51 from unknown[x.x.x.x] for service smtp

I change from 50 to 100, but this probably the wrong place
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 100

> Note that the various *_concurrency_* settings in postfix all have to
> do with sending mail, not receiving.
>
> Postfix smtpd doesn't have a concurrency limit other than either
> default_process_limit or a process limit specified in master.cf, or the
> anvil rate limiter (which is off by default).
>
> If you need more than the default 100 smtpd processes, just raise
> main.cf default_process_limit to a higher number
> # main.cf
> default_process_limit = 200
> http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html#proc_limit
>

> If you have enabled anvil rate limits and you're getting "... limit
> exceeded" errors, add the qmail IP to
> smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions setting
> # main.cf
> smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = ip.of.qmail.server
> http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html#conn_limit

smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = ip.of.qmail.server

this is what I looked for,

> If you need more help, please provide more detail.
>
> --
> Noel Jones

it helps me a lot,thank you

regards