smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions not applied after after-queue filter is triggered

smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions not applied after after-queue filter is triggered

Sven Strickroth-2
Hi,

I've the problem that the smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions do not seem to
be checked when a previous check (e.g. a
smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_recipient_access
hash:/etc/postfix/needs_filtering.cf) results in a "FILTER
externalfilter:[127.0.0.1]:10025" action (i.e. triggers a after-queue
filter).

This causes mails to be accepted and queued which should have been
rejected by the smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions checks. I cannot move the
check into a previous SMTP state, because I need to know the mail size
which is not transmitted by all MTAs with the MAIL FROM statement.

I'm using Postfix version 3.4.14-0+deb10u1. Is this a bug and for me
most important: How can I fix the situation for me (at best w/o the need
to upgrade postfix).

Thanks for looking into this in advance!

Sven

--
Best regards,
  Sven Strickroth
  PGP key id F5A9D4C4 @ any key-server

Re: smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions not applied after after-queue filter is triggered

Wietse Venema
Sven Strickroth:

> Hi,
>
> I've the problem that the smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions do not seem to
> be checked when a previous check (e.g. a
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_recipient_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/needs_filtering.cf) results in a "FILTER
> externalfilter:[127.0.0.1]:10025" action (i.e. triggers a after-queue
> filter).
>
> This causes mails to be accepted and queued which should have been
> rejected by the smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions checks. I cannot move the
> check into a previous SMTP state, because I need to know the mail size
> which is not transmitted by all MTAs with the MAIL FROM statement.
>
> I'm using Postfix version 3.4.14-0+deb10u1. Is this a bug and for me
> most important: How can I fix the situation for me (at best w/o the need
> to upgrade postfix).
>
> Thanks for looking into this in advance!

Thank you for using Postfix.