- "unix-dgram" NOT "unix-stream" log socket
- template() to customize the log format.
- Time-based file names obviate the need for log "rotation" scripts,
just compress old-enough files, and eventually delete them. No need
to "kill -HUP" the syslog server, and thus no lost messages.
- Date-based file names make it easier to rsync logs for collection.
- "log" group used for ssh access by "log" user to collect logs.
Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.
If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not
send an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put
"It worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.
2008/11/20 Victor Duchovni <[hidden email]>:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 09:32:03PM -0500, Jorge E. Rojas wrote:
>> somebody can tell me how (if possible) have a full date (i.e. with the
>> year) in the maillog ?
> Use syslog-ng