something like smtp-limiter plugin for ISPConfig

something like smtp-limiter plugin for ISPConfig

Poliman - Serwis
Hi people,
I am looking for some plugin which is similar to smtp-limiter which is for DirectAdmin. It would be nice if there would be any. If not, is there any similar plugin which can be manage by the linux console?

--
Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

tel. 534 555 877

Re: something like smtp-limiter plugin for ISPConfig

/dev/rob0
On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 03:01:22PM +0200, Poliman - Serwis wrote:
> I am looking for some plugin which is similar to smtp-limiter
> which is for DirectAdmin. It would be nice if there would be any.

What does that plugin do?  What is the actual problem you're trying
to solve?

BTW, this is not the place for ISPConfig support.  If you're using
Postfix through some kind of management frontend, you need to use
support offerings of that company or their user community.

> If not, is there any similar plugin which can be manage by the
> linux console?

I'm going to guess that the real problem might be spam sent by
authenticated users' malware.  You can mitigate that with content
filtering on submission mail, specifically with URIBL lookups,
because practically all of this malware will be spewing references to
URIBL-listed web sites.

Also, a policy service such as postfwd[1] or cbpolicyd[2] can be
deployed to limit users' sending.  Generally this kind of malware
exceeds a human user's ability to send mail.

[1] http://postfwd.org/ratelimits.html
[2] https://wiki.policyd.org/quotas
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/

Re: something like smtp-limiter plugin for ISPConfig

Poliman - Serwis
Thank you for answer. This plugin gives ability to limit number of sending emails. Above some value user's account is blocked and mail is send to administrator. I use postfix with ISP Config. It does not have to be plugin for ISP. It can be something just for postfix which can be manage as shell user in linux console. Of course if some plugin for ISP is, I would be happy to know about.