spf failures on forwarded emails

mj

spf failures on forwarded emails

mj
Hi,

We started received SPF failures on forwarded emails, from our domainA
to remote domainB.

I have googled, and Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS) comes up as a possible
solution, but all the links and docs are old. (2015, 2014, not recent)

I would just like to ask the experts here: Is SRS still the way to deal
with such situations in 2020?

There is not much we can do to get rid the forwards, and we have many of
them, so a good solution would be welcome. :-)

We are running debian 10, btw.

Thanks!

MJ

Re: spf failures on forwarded emails

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 11.12.20 13:09, mj wrote:

>We started received SPF failures on forwarded emails, from our domainA
>to remote domainB.
>
>I have googled, and Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS) comes up as a
>possible solution, but all the links and docs are old. (2015, 2014,
>not recent)
>
>I would just like to ask the experts here: Is SRS still the way to
>deal with such situations in 2020?
>
>There is not much we can do to get rid the forwards, and we have many
>of them, so a good solution would be welcome. :-)
>
>We are running debian 10, btw.

yes, SRS is still the way to avoid SPF fails.

in fact, you can simply change mail from: to your locl address, but it will
get the errors for delivery failures then.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.