submission configuration in master.cf

J Doe
Hi,

I was wondering about a configuration parameter listed with the default submission configuration in master.cf.

One of the parameters that overrides the settings in main.cf “milter_macro_daemon_name” is set to “ORIGINATING” instead of the default value in main.cf.

Why is this done ?

Thanks,

- J

Re: submission configuration in master.cf

Noel Jones-2
On 1/23/2018 2:08 PM, J Doe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering about a configuration parameter listed with the default submission configuration in master.cf.
>
> One of the parameters that overrides the settings in main.cf “milter_macro_daemon_name” is set to “ORIGINATING” instead of the default value in main.cf.
>
> Why is this done ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - J

Some milters use that to change their behavior, such as dkim to sign
instead of verify.

Re: submission configuration in master.cf

J Doe
Hi Noel,

> On Jan 23, 2018, at 4:39 PM, Noel Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering about a configuration parameter listed with the default submission configuration in master.cf.
>>
>> One of the parameters that overrides the settings in main.cf “milter_macro_daemon_name” is set to “ORIGINATING” instead of the default value in main.cf.
>>
>> Why is this done ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - J
>>

> Some milters use that to change their behavior, such as dkim to sign
> instead of verify.

Ah, that makes sense - verifying DKIM on mail that one of my trusted clients generated would be wasted effort.

Thank you!

- J