testing an LDAP lookup?

Marek Kozlowski-2
:-)

I can't find the answer in both:

http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html

:-(

Is there a way of testing an LDAP (alias_maps = ldap:...) lookup table
apart of the postfix. I mean: for some set of addresses I'm not sure if
the result is as expected and I'd like to observe detailed results
returned by such a query. I don't mean querying LDAP with ldpasearch -
I'd like to test the LDAP query file exactly as it's been written and
observe what exactly postfix receives.

Best regards,
Marek

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: testing an LDAP lookup?

Wietse Venema
Marek Kozlowski:

> :-)
>
> I can't find the answer in both:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html
> http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html
>
> :-(
>
> Is there a way of testing an LDAP (alias_maps = ldap:...) lookup table
> apart of the postfix. I mean: for some set of addresses I'm not sure if
> the result is as expected and I'd like to observe detailed results
> returned by such a query. I don't mean querying LDAP with ldpasearch -
> I'd like to test the LDAP query file exactly as it's been written and
> observe what exactly postfix receives.

For low-level tests:

$ man 1 postmap
http://www.postfix.org/postmap.1.html

On the wishlist is postmap support to generate the same sequence
of substring queries as currently done by access maps, canonical_maps,
virtual_alias_maps, and so on.

That is a longer-term project that involves making all lookups
explicitly configurable in main.cf, then use that information in
the postmap command.

        Wietse