testing question

Fazzina, Angelo

Hi, I am trying to simulate a DKIM failure and have not been able to figure out how.

Goal: test my “report” TXT record actually works.  Talking about RFC 6651

I was hoping that with postfix and opendkim running and signing emails I could just turn opendkim off and send an email through and get it to fail, but instead the headers have

dkim=none

I was expecting “fail”

This is a test server so I can beak stuff. Should I just change the public key in the DNS of the key TXT record so it is wrong and send another email through and see what I get ?

Thanks to anyone that knows how to test this stuff. The dkim mailing list seems to be a ghost town.

Was using this link to come up with ideas for a testing plan. https://bobcares.com/blog/dkim-result-fail-bad-signature/

-ANGELO FAZZINA

ITS Service Manager:

Spam and Virus Prevention

Mass Mailing

G Suite/Gmail

[hidden email]

University of Connecticut,  ITS, SSG, Server Systems

860-486-9075