transport clash with mydestination

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
Hello,

I run "proxy.example.com" server with ".example.com" in transport_maps, to
direct all example.com subdomains to internal server

my $mydestination contains proxy.example.com and some other names, however
all domain to proxy.example.com is directed to internal servers.

What should I to to exempt $mydestination from being looked up in
transport_maps?

Thank you

Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.

Re: transport clash with mydestination

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 21.11.19 12:16, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>I run "proxy.example.com" server with ".example.com" in transport_maps, to
>direct all example.com subdomains to internal server
>
>my $mydestination contains proxy.example.com and some other names, however
>all domain to proxy.example.com is directed to internal servers.
>
>What should I to to exempt $mydestination from being looked up in
>transport_maps?

seems I found it:

http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Mydestination-and-transport-maps-td85665.html

so for every subdomain of .example.com, override must be done in
transport_maps:

proxy.example.com local:

Now I'm just curious if those domains are still required in
$mydestination...

Micro random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...

Re: transport clash with mydestination

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Nov 21, 2019, at 6:50 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Seems I found it:
>
> http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Mydestination-and-transport-maps-td85665.html
>
> so for every subdomain of .example.com, override must be done in
> transport_maps:
>
> proxy.example.com local:

Yes, but make that:

        local:localhost

Just in case

> Now I'm just curious if those domains are still required in
> $mydestination...

Yes.  Otherwise Postfix may not accept the traffic, and may not
apply the appropriate recipient validation tables.