trouble with multiple-instance postfix and dovecot

trouble with multiple-instance postfix and dovecot

feier8097
Hello.
I recently had trouble with building a multi-instance postfix. The target
environment is a multi-IP server. I need to install the dovecot feature on
the multi-instance postfix, but now I only know how to use the default ip
address to authenticate with smtp, but I don't know how to add smtp
authentication to new instances.
Is there any guides of multiple-instance postfix with dovecot?
After searching for a huge amount of data, I still can't solve it. Can you
help me? thanks.

Re: trouble with multiple-instance postfix and dovecot

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Sep 20, 2019, at 9:05 PM, feier8097 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I recently had trouble with building a multi-instance postfix. The target
> environment is a multi-IP server. I need to install the dovecot feature on
> the multi-instance postfix, but now I only know how to use the default ip
> address to authenticate with smtp, but I don't know how to add smtp
> authentication to new instances.
> Is there any guides of multiple-instance postfix with dovecot?
> After searching for a huge amount of data, I still can't solve it. Can you
> help me? thanks.

Dovecot authentication works the same for multiple Postfix instances
as it does for any one of them.  The same dovecot auth socket can
be used by multiple Postfix instances.

Re: trouble with multiple-instance postfix and dovecot

Wietse Venema
Viktor Dukhovni:

> > On Sep 20, 2019, at 9:05 PM, feier8097 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I recently had trouble with building a multi-instance postfix. The target
> > environment is a multi-IP server. I need to install the dovecot feature on
> > the multi-instance postfix, but now I only know how to use the default ip
> > address to authenticate with smtp, but I don't know how to add smtp
> > authentication to new instances.
> > Is there any guides of multiple-instance postfix with dovecot?
> > After searching for a huge amount of data, I still can't solve it. Can you
> > help me? thanks.
>
> Dovecot authentication works the same for multiple Postfix instances
> as it does for any one of them.  The same dovecot auth socket can
> be used by multiple Postfix instances.

The easiest may be to use a TCP socket for the dovecot auth service:

    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtpd_sasl_path = inet:127.0.0.1:12345

and to configure Dovecot accordingly.

I found a very old posting for how to configure dovecot to open
multiple auth sockets in

    https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2013-August/091960.html

This could be used to open a socket under every Postfix queue
directory.

Re: trouble with multiple-instance postfix and dovecot

feier8097