unable to get smtpd_recipient_restrictions to work

unable to get smtpd_recipient_restrictions to work

Rajneesh Rana
hi,
I have setup postfix using virtualmin on ubuntu 16.04
Have setup DKIM, MX, SPF etc
For webmail have setup roundcube and rainloop.
SSL is setup using let's encrypt.
Everything works great for emails.

Now we need to restrict some users to be able to send local emails only.
For this I found this http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html
and followed steps for Restricting what users can send mail to off-site
destinations

I have tried all options and searched all options online but none of it
seems to work for this.

Here's content from my main.cf file

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_sender_access
hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_senders, permit_mynetworks,
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, check_policy_service
inet:127.0.0.1:10023, permit_auth_destination, reject
smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
local_only = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains, reject

From /etc/postfix/local_domains
domain1.com OK
domain2.com OK

From /etc/postfix/restricted_senders
[hidden email] local_only
[hidden email] local_only
[hidden email] local_only
[hidden email] local_only
[hidden email] local_only
[hidden email] local_only

Once files were added did postmap and service restart for postfix.

I have tried sending to and from gmail, self hosted, office 365 accounts and
they all work for these test domains.

If you have any idea on this that would be really helpful.
All online tutorials only shows same code and no possible solution with it.

Re: unable to get smtpd_recipient_restrictions to work

Wietse Venema
Rajneesh Rana:

> hi,
> I have setup postfix using virtualmin on ubuntu 16.04
> Have setup DKIM, MX, SPF etc
> For webmail have setup roundcube and rainloop.
> SSL is setup using let's encrypt.
> Everything works great for emails.
>
> Now we need to restrict some users to be able to send local emails only.
> For this I found this http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html
> and followed steps for Restricting what users can send mail to off-site
> destinations
>
> I have tried all options and searched all options online but none of it
> seems to work for this.
>
> Here's content from my main.cf file
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_sender_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_senders, permit_mynetworks,
> permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, check_policy_service
> inet:127.0.0.1:10023, permit_auth_destination, reject
> smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
> local_only = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains, reject
>
> >From /etc/postfix/local_domains
> domain1.com OK
> domain2.com OK
>
> >From /etc/postfix/restricted_senders
> [hidden email] local_only
> [hidden email] local_only
> [hidden email] local_only
> [hidden email] local_only
> [hidden email] local_only
> [hidden email] local_only
>
> Once files were added did postmap and service restart for postfix.
>
> I have tried sending to and from gmail, self hosted, office 365 accounts and
> they all work for these test domains.
>

> If you have any idea on this that would be really helpful.
> All online tutorials only shows same code and no possible solution with it.

Please review the mailing list welcome message:

Thank you for using Postfix.