unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Poliman - Serwis
I have strange irritating problem. When I send emails from my server to any email address to any domain they reach the target without any problem. But when I try send to address in "hotmail.com" I got bounce:
<[hidden email]>: host
    hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.40.33] said: 550 5.7.1
    Unfortunately, messages from [ip_of_my_server] weren't sent. Please contact
    your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
    list (AS3140). You can also refer your provider to
    http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
    [CO1NAM03FT055.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
    FROM command)

I know that MS has own black list but why they block me. Domain which I use to send confirmation links is clear (checked in), ip address of my server also is clear. I can put some config files if needed.
Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Wilfried.Essig@Essignetz.de
Follow the given guidelines from bouncemessage.

Otherwise, you could think about the chances of an ant fighting an
elephant or an hippo.

Willi

Am 26.10.2017 um 12:33 schrieb Poliman - Serwis:

> I have strange irritating problem. When I send emails from my server to any
> email address to any domain they reach the target without any problem. But
> when I try send to address in "hotmail.com" I got bounce:
> <[hidden email]>: host
>     hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.40.33] said: 550 5.7.1
>     Unfortunately, messages from [ip_of_my_server] weren't sent. Please
> contact
>     your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our
> block
>     list (AS3140). You can also refer your provider to
>     http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
>     [CO1NAM03FT055.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
>     FROM command)
>
> I know that MS has own black list but why they block me. Domain which I use
> to send confirmation links is clear (checked in), ip address of my server
> also is clear. I can put some config files if needed.

You could use a mail relaying service such as Sendgrid. Have a transport file set to relay only emails to Microsoft domains through this service.

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Victoriano Giralt-2
On 26/10/17 13:14, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> On 26 Oct 2017 6:34 am, "Poliman - Serwis" <[hidden email]
>>     I know that MS has own black list but why they block me. Domain
>>     which I use to send confirmation links is clear (checked in), ip
>>     address of my server also is clear.
>>

> You could use a mail relaying service such as Sendgrid. Have a transport
> file set to relay only emails to Microsoft domains through this service.

And accept extortion for doing something that has an IETF sanctioned
protocol that is not working because of the wrongdoings a a monopolistic
entity.

--
Victoriano Giralt                             CIO
                                              University of Malaga
> Q: Are you sure ?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email ?

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 26.10.17 12:33, Poliman - Serwis wrote:
>I have strange irritating problem. When I send emails from my server to any
>email address to any domain they reach the target without any problem. But
>when I try send to address in "hotmail.com" I got bounce:
><[hidden email]>: host
>    hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.40.33] said: 550 5.7.1
>    Unfortunately, messages from [ip_of_my_server] weren't sent. Please

I don't see reason for hiding this IP here. Everyone you send mail sees the
IP. And it's hard for us to help you if you hide it.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.

Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Dominic Raferd

On 26 October 2017 at 12:16, Poliman - Serwis <[hidden email]> wrote:
These emails are filtered somehow that they can reach MS domains?

[...]

First, get your Sendgrid (or whatever) account set up and have it configured in sasl_passwd. Then, for example:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
<snip>
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport​
<snip>

/etc/postfix/transport:

Not really extortion because Sendgrid, for example, offer free accounts sending up to 12K mails / month.​

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Dominic Raferd

You could use a mail relaying service such as Sendgrid.
​..
​​

On 26 October 2017 at 13:37, Poliman - Serwis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Dominic for answer. It's kind of workaround, am I right?

​Yes, and unless you change your server's ip it is likely the only way to make it work. I have this problem with one mail server and I use this approach.​

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Postfix User-2
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:20:47 +0200, Poliman - Serwis stated:

>It's just unconditioned reaction. I also post this message to some forums,
>you know. I am affaird that hotmail.com / outlook.com and all microsoft
>email domains are configured to block emails from new/fresh domain and
>newly created email accounts, which have quite low reputation. I read that
>they created own system that filter "spam" emails. Of course it filters
>good emails. Even Google is not that hardcore.

>> On 26.10.17 12:33, Poliman - Serwis wrote:
>>
>>> I have strange irritating problem. When I send emails from my server to
>>> any
>>> email address to any domain they reach the target without any problem. But
>>> when I try send to address in "hotmail.com" I got bounce:
>>> <[hidden email]>: host
>>>    hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.40.33] said: 550 5.7.1
>>>    Unfortunately, messages from [ip_of_my_server] weren't sent. Please
>>>

>> I don't see reason for hiding this IP here. Everyone you send mail sees the
>> IP. And it's hard for us to help you if you hide it.
>>
>> --
>> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [hidden email] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
>> Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
>> Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
>> - Have you got anything without Spam in it?
>> - Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.

You are also listed on " l2.apews.org", although I don't think that is the
source of your problem.

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

/dev/rob0
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 12:33:03PM +0200, Poliman - Serwis wrote:
> I know that MS has own black list but why they block me.

There is exactly one place which can answer that question, and it's
*NOT* the postfix-users mailing list!

If Microsoft is blocking you, ASK MICROSOFT for help.

Recently (June) I helped someone with the same problem.  Microsoft
postmaster was contacted, a human replied, and the IP address was
removed from their blacklist.

Seriously ... why did no one else suggest this?  Even if, as one
might imagine, they didn't care enough to reply (as is the case at
Google and other large receivers), Microsoft really is the only
reasonable one to ask about this.

#include <standard-deliverability-advice.h>
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

Poliman - Serwis
Hmm, you know... Contact in any case with the Microsoft was pain in ass many times. Second thing better do some "backup way" if contacting with ms support do nothing like almost all time. Now I am really surprised, because they answer (wow!), they answer in short time (WOW!) and it was positive answer which resolved some problem (INSANE WOW!). That's all. In my earlier post I put the link to form, which can help in similar problems to mine.

Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 06:29:52AM +0100, Poliman - Serwis wrote:
> Hmm, you know... Contact in any case with the Microsoft was pain in
> ass many times. Second thing better do some "backup way" if
> contacting with ms support do nothing like almost all time. Now I
> am really surprised, because they answer (wow!), they answer in
> short time (WOW!) and it was positive answer which resolved some
> problem (INSANE WOW!). That's all. In my earlier post I put the
> link to form, which can help in similar problems to mine.

IKR?  Where is that Microsoft we all love to hate?  :) Companies
evolve over time, and right now Microsoft's postmaster seems to be
distancing itself from their former reputation.

I talked to someone else fairly recently who got a reply but NOT
resolution of the issue.  But in that case I think that person had
some spammy practices and/or suspicious mail content.  So this "new"
Microsoft won't just roll over for you; they are going to examine
things and make the best decision they can do for their users.

Glad it worked out for you.

> > On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 12:33:03PM +0200, Poliman - Serwis wrote:
> > > I know that MS has own black list but why they block me.
> >
> > There is exactly one place which can answer that question, and it's
> > *NOT* the postfix-users mailing list!
> >
> > If Microsoft is blocking you, ASK MICROSOFT for help.
> >
> > Recently (June) I helped someone with the same problem.  Microsoft
> > postmaster was contacted, a human replied, and the IP address was
> > removed from their blacklist.
> >
> > Seriously ... why did no one else suggest this?  Even if, as one
> > might imagine, they didn't care enough to reply (as is the case at
> > Google and other large receivers), Microsoft really is the only
> > reasonable one to ask about this.
> >
> > #include <standard-deliverability-advice.h>
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/

Re: unable to send email to hotmail.com domain

stroller-6

> On 26 Oct 2017, at 11:33, Poliman - Serwis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have strange irritating problem. When I send emails from my server to any email address to any domain they reach the target without any problem. But when I try send to address in "hotmail.com" I got bounce:
> <[hidden email]>: host
>     hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.40.33] said: 550 5.7.1
>     Unfortunately, messages from [ip_of_my_server] weren't sent. Please contact
>     your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
>     list (AS3140). You can also refer your provider to
>     http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
>     [CO1NAM03FT055.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
>     FROM command)
>
> I know that MS has own black list but why they block me. Domain which I use to send confirmation links is clear (checked in), ip address of my server also is clear. I can put some config files if needed.

I had this message from them 12 days ago.

I opened a support ticket with my provider (Linode), they contacted Microsoft and I was unblocked within about a day.

Stroller.