unused parameter: sender_dependant_default_transport_maps

unused parameter: sender_dependant_default_transport_maps

Emmanuel Jaep
Dear all,

Sorry in advance if the question is too "Newbie" for you but I'm running into something I can't quite grasp with postfix.

My main.cf contains a sender_dependant_default_transport_maps directive and reads:

transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport_maps
sender_dependant_default_transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_dependant_default_transport_maps

When I reload the configuration:
$ sudo postfix reload

I get a warning about the directive not being used:
postfix: Postfix is running with backwards-compatible default settings
postfix: See http://www.postfix.org/COMPATIBILITY_README.html for details
postfix: To disable backwards compatibility use "postconf compatibility_level=2" and "postfix reload"
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf: unused parameter: sender_dependant_default_transport_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sender_dependant_default_transport_maps
postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system

And syslog looks like:
postfix/master[4730]: reload -- version 3.1.0, configuration /etc/postfix

My question is fairly simple: why would postfix not use this directive?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Emmanuel

Re: unused parameter: sender_dependant_default_transport_maps

Dominic Raferd
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 13:01, Emmanuel Jaep <[hidden email]> wrote:
My main.cf contains:
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport_maps
sender_dependant_default_transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_dependant_default_transport_maps

I get a warning about the directive not being used:...
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf: unused parameter: sender_dependant_default_transport_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sender_dependant_default_transport_maps
postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system

why would postfix not use this directive?

Because you have a typo in the parameter name, it should be sender_dependent_default_transport_maps