valvula or policyd

Selcuk Yazar
Hi,

we are using for quota management policyd v2.0.11 . i want to upgrage policyd to 2.0.14 .

what is the best policyd software for postfix . Valvula in fist order on list

should i upgrade or install valvula ?

thanks in advance.

Selçuk YAZAR

Re: valvula or policyd

Markus Benning
Hello,

i created a policyd called mtpolicyd. You can find the project website
at:

https://mtpolicyd.org/

It is written in perl and is easily extentible thru perl plugins.
Currently its main target is spamfiltering/reputation and therefor i'm
already using it in production.

I'll have to extend it with more relay access control features in near
future.
I'm also willed to write a quota plugin(s) for it.
You're welcome if you want to contribute your requirements, use cases,
testing or code.

  Markus

Am 2014-12-19 16:04, schrieb Selcuk Yazar:

> Hi,
>
> we are using for quota management policyd v2.0.11 . i want to upgrage
> policyd to 2.0.14 .
>
> what is the best policyd software for postfix . Valvula in fist order
> on list
>
> should i upgrade or install valvula ?
>
> thanks in advance.

> Selçuk YAZAR

Re: valvula or policyd

Peter Ajamian
On 12/20/2014 04:04 AM, Selcuk Yazar wrote:
> we are using for quota management policyd v2.0.11 . i want to upgrage
> policyd to 2.0.14 .
>
> what is the best policyd software for postfix . Valvula in fist order on
> list

Since quotas have to be implemented in your IMAP server as well it's
best to use a quota scheme that is integrated there.  Dovecot quotas
comes to mind (if you're using dovecot, of course).

Peter

Re: valvula or policyd

Wietse Venema
Peter:

> On 12/20/2014 04:04 AM, Selcuk Yazar wrote:
> > we are using for quota management policyd v2.0.11 . i want to upgrage
> > policyd to 2.0.14 .
> >
> > what is the best policyd software for postfix . Valvula in fist order on
> > list
>
> Since quotas have to be implemented in your IMAP server as well it's
> best to use a quota scheme that is integrated there.  Dovecot quotas
> comes to mind (if you're using dovecot, of course).

For an example of Postfix-Dovecot quota integration, see:

https://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/04/08/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota/

Re: valvula or policyd

Selcuk Yazar
Sorry,

the word "Quota" I meant Sent Quotas , not mailbox quotas.

thanks.

Selcuk

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 12:53 AM, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]> wrote:
Peter:
> On 12/20/2014 04:04 AM, Selcuk Yazar wrote:
> > we are using for quota management policyd v2.0.11 . i want to upgrage
> > policyd to 2.0.14 .
> >
> > what is the best policyd software for postfix . Valvula in fist order on
> > list
>
> Since quotas have to be implemented in your IMAP server as well it's
> best to use a quota scheme that is integrated there.  Dovecot quotas
> comes to mind (if you're using dovecot, of course).

For an example of Postfix-Dovecot quota integration, see:

https://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/04/08/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota/

Selçuk YAZAR

Re: valvula or policyd

Markus Benning
I just implemented a first version of a accounting plugin for
mtpolicyd:

https://www.mtpolicyd.org/documentation.html#Mail::MtPolicyd::Plugin::Accounting

github project: https://github.com/benningm/mtpolicyd

I'm currently testing it on a small postfix installation with the
following setup:

Vhost in mtpolicyd.conf:

<VirtualHost 12346>
  name="accounting"

  <Plugin AcctClient>
    module = "Accounting"
    fields = "client_address,sasl_username,recipient,sender"
  </Plugin>
</VirtualHost>

(dont forget to configure a database with db_dsn,db_user,db_password in global)

Check in postfix:

smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:12346

If you're using an smtpd_proxy_filter setup dont forget to add

    -o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=

to the re-inject smtpd instances or you'll duplicate counters.

My plan is to test the plugin for a while and also implement a Quota plugin
to enforce limits and then release it with the next version.

Markus

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 02:16:56PM +0100, Benning, Markus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i created a policyd called mtpolicyd. You can find the project
> website at:
>
> https://mtpolicyd.org/
>
> It is written in perl and is easily extentible thru perl plugins.
> Currently its main target is spamfiltering/reputation and therefor i'm
> already using it in production.
>
> I'll have to extend it with more relay access control features in
> near future.
> I'm also willed to write a quota plugin(s) for it.
> You're welcome if you want to contribute your requirements, use
> cases, testing or code.
>
>  Markus
>
> Am 2014-12-19 16:04, schrieb Selcuk Yazar:
> >Hi,
> >
> >we are using for quota management policyd v2.0.11 . i want to upgrage
> >policyd to 2.0.14 .
> >
> >what is the best policyd software for postfix . Valvula in fist order
> >on list
> >
> >should i upgrade or install valvula ?
> >
> >thanks in advance.

> >Selçuk YAZAR

Re: valvula or policyd

Markus Benning
Hi,

i just uploaded version 1.15 of mtpolicyd with support for accounting
and quotas:

https://markusbenning.de/blog/?p=36

I also wrote a small guide on how to implement smtp level
accounting/quotas with mtpolicyd:

https://mtpolicyd.org/getting-started.html#Mail::MtPolicyd::Cookbook::HowtoAccountingQuota

--
Markus