virtual_mailbox_domains

Emmett Culley
Recently I've been working on upgrading to Postfix 3 and a rewrite of web-cyradm, and so have been studying the Postfix docs.  It seems to me that I have been doing virtual mailboxes wrong, even though it has been working for years.

For a long time I've been managing virtual domains using

mydestination = localhost, $mydomain, /etc/postfix/local_destinations, /etc/postfix/local_destinations

From the doc it appears that I should be using  virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mydestination.cf instead (taking out the mysql-mydestinations.cf entry from mydestiabtion.

When I made that change and restarted Postfix I was not able to receive email for any of the virtual domains.  Instead I got the following error:

Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress;

I changed nothing but:

mydestination = localhost, $mydomain, /etc/postfix/local_destinations

mydestination = localhost

And added

virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/local_destinations

virtual_alias_maps is still the same:

virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf

So what am I missing?

Current Postfix version is 2.6.6-8.el6.x86_64

Emmett

Re: virtual_mailbox_domains

Emmett Culley
Sorry, I miss typed virtual_mailbox_domains

Should have been  virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mydestination.cf

Emmett

On 12/14/2017 10:44 AM, Emmett Culley wrote:

> Recently I've been working on upgrading to Postfix 3 and a rewrite of web-cyradm, and so have been studying the Postfix docs.  It seems to me that I have been doing virtual mailboxes wrong, even though it has been working for years.
>
> For a long time I've been managing virtual domains using
>
> mydestination = localhost, $mydomain, /etc/postfix/local_destinations, /etc/postfix/local_destinations
>
>  From the doc it appears that I should be using  virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mydestination.cf instead (taking out the mysql-mydestinations.cf entry from mydestiabtion.
>
> When I made that change and restarted Postfix I was not able to receive email for any of the virtual domains.  Instead I got the following error:
>
> Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress;
>
> I changed nothing but:
>
> mydestination = localhost, $mydomain, /etc/postfix/local_destinations

> mydestination = localhost
>
> And added
>
> virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/local_destinations
>
> virtual_alias_maps is still the same:
>
> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
>
> So what am I missing?
>
> Current Postfix version is 2.6.6-8.el6.x86_64
>
> Emmett

Re: virtual_mailbox_domains

> On Dec 14, 2017, at 1:44 PM, Emmett Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress;

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

Re: virtual_mailbox_domains

Emmett Culley
On 12/14/2017 10:53 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

>> On Dec 14, 2017, at 1:44 PM, Emmett Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress;
>
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html
> Thanks Viktor.

So I set it up as I described before, using virtual_mailbox_domains instead of mydestination, but with reject_unverified_recipient removed from smtpd_recipient_restrictions.   Now it seems to be working as expected.

The doc seems to recommended that address verification can be a problem.  Is that correct?

If I reenable reject_unverified_recipient all mail is rejected with the 450 Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress; error.

Emmett