www.open-spf.org server down ddomain name renewal

David Southwell-3
Hi

Just trying to look at www.open-spf.org for some info about a problem and
found their server is down. Godaddy says the domain name has not been
renewed!!

David

Re: www.open-spf.org server down ddomain name renewal

Scott Kitterman-4
On 11/03/2011 08:53 AM, David Southwell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just trying to look at www.open-spf.org for some info about a problem and
> found their server is down. Godaddy says the domain name has not been
> renewed!!

openspf.org (and open-spf.org - they are the same) is down and we're
working on getting a new server in place.  It's a volunteer project and
doesn't have as much redundancy as one would like.

In the meantime, since I see you're using an SPF policy server, I'd
recommend consulting the documentation I provide with it as it should
cover integration with postfix.

If you have an SPF protocol question, you can ask it on the spf-help
mailing list:

https://www.listbox.com/subscribe/ and use spf-help for the list name.

Scott K

On Thursday 03 November 2011 12:11:13 Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On 11/03/2011 08:53 AM, David Southwell wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Just trying to look at www.open-spf.org for some info about a problem and
> > found their server is down. Godaddy says the domain name has not been
> > renewed!!
>
> openspf.org (and open-spf.org - they are the same) is down and we're
> working on getting a new server in place.  It's a volunteer project and
> doesn't have as much redundancy as one would like.
>
> In the meantime, since I see you're using an SPF policy server, I'd
> recommend consulting the documentation I provide with it as it should
> cover integration with postfix.
>
> If you have an SPF protocol question, you can ask it on the spf-help
> mailing list:
>
> https://www.listbox.com/subscribe/ and use spf-help for the list name.
>
> Scott K
It actually looks as though goddady are saying the domain renewal fee has not
been paid.. maybe that is a misinterpretation but that was my reading of
Godaddy's message.
David

Re: www.open-spf.org server down ddomain name renewal

Reindl Harald-2

Am 03.11.2011 21:57, schrieb David Southwell:
> It actually looks as though goddady are saying the domain renewal fee has not
> been paid.. maybe that is a misinterpretation but that was my reading of
> Godaddy's message.

what are you speaking about?
"whois domain.tld" was invited

Domain ID:D105066162-LROR
Domain Name:OPEN-SPF.ORG
Created On:30-Oct-2004 09:46:45 UTC
Last Updated On:31-Oct-2011 12:28:30 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Oct-2012 09:46:45 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIB

On Thursday 03 November 2011 14:03:21 Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 03.11.2011 21:57, schrieb David Southwell:
> > It actually looks as though goddady are saying the domain renewal fee has
> > not been paid.. maybe that is a misinterpretation but that was my
> > reading of Godaddy's message.
>
> what are you speaking about?
> "whois domain.tld" was invited
>
> Domain ID:D105066162-LROR
> Domain Name:OPEN-SPF.ORG
> Created On:30-Oct-2004 09:46:45 UTC
> Last Updated On:31-Oct-2011 12:28:30 UTC
> Expiration Date:30-Oct-2012 09:46:45 UTC
> Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
> Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIB
Opening www.open-spf.org aabout two hours ago received the following:

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 10/30/2011 and is pending renewal or
deletion.

Re: www.open-spf.org server down ddomain name renewal

Jacqui Caren-home
On 03/11/2011 22:23, David Southwell wrote:
> Opening www.open-spf.org aabout two hours ago received the following:
>
> NOTICE: This domain name expired on 10/30/2011 and is pending renewal or
> deletion.

+1 just tried from ntlworld (I run my own named) and from a zen link with its own
named - same result!

Jacqui