zimbra vs postfix

Geert Batsleer
Hi all,

I could be a llittle bit off topic here but I  have a question concercing calendar support.

At the moment I'm using postfix with docevot as imap and a webbased php calendar (webcalendar) for sheduling appointments.

Unfortuneately this does not work with apps like outlook (most endusers favorit) or the thunderbird calendar plugin.

So after some investigating I found zimbra wich has (paid) outlook support but requires a dedicated mailserver, (wich is not an option for me because I also need other services like AMP) Also openXchange seems to be not exactely the thing I'm looking for.

Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar support , so I get the same functionality as with exchange (read/write mine and others calendar) and I can still use my postfix install but just need to add calendar support.

Best regards,

Geert

Re: zimbra vs postfix

Stephane G.
Hello,

Maybe OBM :

http://www.obm.org/doku.php

The connector to outlook is not free and have to be pay, as the sync
with pda.

The other is free/open.

Best.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 03:38:41PM +0200, Geert Batsleer wrote :

> Hi all,
>
> I could be a llittle bit off topic here but I  have a question concercing
> calendar support.
>
> At the moment I'm using postfix with docevot as imap and a webbased php
> calendar (webcalendar) for sheduling appointments.
>
> Unfortuneately this does not work with apps like outlook (most endusers
> favorit) or the thunderbird calendar plugin.
>
> So after some investigating I found zimbra wich has (paid) outlook support
> but requires a dedicated mailserver, (wich is not an option for me because I
> also need other services like AMP) Also openXchange seems to be not exactely
> the thing I'm looking for.
>
> Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar support , so
> I get the same functionality as with exchange (read/write mine and others
> calendar) and I can still use my postfix install but just need to add
> calendar support.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Geert

Re: zimbra vs postfix

Oskar Teran

On Jun 10, 2008, at 8:38 AM, Geert Batsleer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I could be a llittle bit off topic here but I  have a question
> concercing calendar support.
>
> At the moment I'm using postfix with docevot as imap and a webbased
> php calendar (webcalendar) for sheduling appointments.
>
> Unfortuneately this does not work with apps like outlook (most
> endusers favorit) or the thunderbird calendar plugin.
>
> So after some investigating I found zimbra wich has (paid) outlook
> support but requires a dedicated mailserver, (wich is not an option
> for me because I also need other services like AMP) Also openXchange
> seems to be not exactely the thing I'm looking for.
>
> Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar
> support , so I get the same functionality as with exchange (read/
> write mine and others calendar) and I can still use my postfix
> install but just need to add calendar support.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Geert

You can also get hosted zimbra or openxchange.  We support both at
client sites and they do work very well.  Outlook support is very good
too.

Good luck,

Oskar

Re: zimbra vs postfix

Andrew Ho
You can check SOGo and Opengroupware.

These two growupware software support outlook and thunderbird calendar
plugin.

Andrew

Geert Batsleer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I could be a llittle bit off topic here but I  have a question
> concercing calendar support.
>
> At the moment I'm using postfix with docevot as imap and a webbased
> php calendar (webcalendar) for sheduling appointments.
>
> Unfortuneately this does not work with apps like outlook (most
> endusers favorit) or the thunderbird calendar plugin.
>
> So after some investigating I found zimbra wich has (paid) outlook
> support but requires a dedicated mailserver, (wich is not an option
> for me because I also need other services like AMP) Also openXchange
> seems to be not exactely the thing I'm looking for.
>
> Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar
> support , so I get the same functionality as with exchange (read/write
> mine and others calendar) and I can still use my postfix install but
> just need to add calendar support.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Geert

Re: zimbra vs postfix

Robert Schetterer
Geert Batsleer schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I could be a llittle bit off topic here but I  have a question
> concercing calendar support.
>
> At the moment I'm using postfix with docevot as imap and a webbased php
> calendar (webcalendar) for sheduling appointments.
>
> Unfortuneately this does not work with apps like outlook (most endusers
> favorit) or the thunderbird calendar plugin.
>
> So after some investigating I found zimbra wich has (paid) outlook
> support but requires a dedicated mailserver, (wich is not an option for
> me because I also need other services like AMP) Also openXchange seems
> to be not exactely the thing I'm looking for.
>
> Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar support
> , so I get the same functionality as with exchange (read/write mine and
> others calendar) and I can still use my postfix install but just need to
> add calendar support.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Geert
Hi Geert,
try this
http://www.kolab.org/

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

RE: zimbra vs postfix

Rob Sterenborg-2
> Hi all,
>
> I could be a llittle bit off topic here but I  have a question
>  concercing calendar support.
>
> At the moment I'm using postfix with docevot as imap and a
> webbased php calendar (webcalendar) for sheduling appointments.
>
> Unfortuneately this does not work with apps like outlook (most
> endusers favorit) or the thunderbird calendar plugin.
>
> So after some investigating I found zimbra wich has (paid)
> outlook support but requires a dedicated mailserver, (wich is
> not an option for me because I also need other services like AMP)
> Also openXchange seems to be not exactely the thing I'm looking
> for.
>
> Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar
> support , so I get the same functionality as with exchange
> (read/write mine and others calendar) and I can still use my
> postfix install but just need to add calendar support.

Try Zarafa. It's paid software, but it doesn't need a dedicated server.
It has a MS Outlook connector and their webmail service looks similar to
MS OWA 2003.

Website: http://www.zarafa.com/
Demo:    http://demo.zarafa.com/

Grts,
Rob

Re: zimbra vs postfix

Angel L. Mateo
El mar, 10-06-2008 a las 15:38 +0200, Geert Batsleer escribió:

> Does somebody know any other good software for outlook calendar
> support , so I get the same functionality as with exchange (read/write
> mine and others calendar) and I can still use my postfix install but
> just need to add calendar support.

        You could try horde/imp webmail suite. Besides the webmail, it also has
a calendar module you could use from thunderbird, outlook or any other
ical client.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática